Friday, December 01, 2006

'The Rains' Writing Relay Submission

Here is the first submission from two groups of four students in this writing project. Remember it started with Corey's opening paragraph:

The Rains
It had been raining for as long as anyone could remember. When the rains started, it was said, the water had come down in sheets, and houses floated away and some people disappeared. Some had believed it was the coming of another flood, but after four days and four nights the rain tapered down to a steady drizzle. Then some, and not just the "Saved" and the "Born Againers", said it was going to be something even worse – hell on earth, the end of days, perhaps. Others said it was just going to go on raining forever...

Our first submission was written in tandem by two different groups of students: Group 1 - Marley C., Jessica S., Andrea N., Shana O. and Group 2 - Bryce M., Jenna S., Greg R., Evan L. One group would write and the next group would add on to their paragraph and so on. ClickHERE to read their submission (it goes a little off the original story concept but it was too good to pass up).

Comments welcome.

Enjoy.
Mr. Martin

7 Comments:

At Fri Dec 01, 11:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I don't know if I was suposed to read that yet, but it was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Robin Martin said...

Although the story starts off with "The Rains", it immediately takes a left turn into Weirdsville and had me wondering where you were going to take it. The concept, although potentially disturbing, is actually pretty funny when you consider how Bryce, Evan, Greg and Jenna were able to turn the tables on Marley, Jessica, Shana and Andrea.

"Creative" decisions had to be made, Corey would appreciate it.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 11:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

0_o I once again am very pleased with this story. your geten er done nicely.

 
At Mon Dec 11, 09:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great short story. Just like some of Corey's writting, it left me wanting more. I was especially intrigued by the Luis character. I'm still not sure how I feel about him. He is repulsive and endearing at the same time. I'd like to get to know him better.

I noticed that the story bounced from 1st to 3rd person a couple of times. Was that done on purpose?

 
At Wed Dec 13, 05:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story. Luis was my favourite character. The way he would neglect to feed himself just so he could watch other people eat. I also found it funny when he took a heart attck. He mentioned that it happened to him quite often. He probably didn't consult a doctor about it because he was too busy watching the parker sisters sleeping. If you ask me, those parker sisters are trouble. They're like sirens luring Luis to his death.

 
At Sun Dec 17, 08:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for us getting back into " The Rains", Mr. Martin

 
At Wed Dec 20, 04:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, poetry is horrible, but that's my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home